Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fastest Month of Our Lives

This past month has been the fastest of our lives. Of course, we aren't thinking that at 2 am, 3 am, 4 am, 5 am….. But looking back I don't know where it went. Jaden was 4 weeks old yesterday! He is a fairly happy baby. Like any male, happy when he is fed, poo-ed, and sleeping. When he is not in this state... WATCH OUT. This kid can belt it.


He likes to snuggle with Mommy. I am please with this while we are watching TV or I am wanting to sit down and snuggle. NOT helpful when I want to get something done or Jason wants to snuggle with him. I think a lot of this has to do with not really putting him down during the day. Trust me, this is NOT the way I like to do things. His big sister is totally in love with him and consistently is wanting to kiss, hug, lay on, lay near or dance around him. Not in the best interest of a newborn of course.

We had an appt last week to check on Jaden's progress. He is doing well except for gaining adequate weight. I would like to explain to the Pediatric Association the genetic make up of a Breuer: Eat all day and still gain ZERO weight. Take a look at his Daddy! Jaden will be shaped like his Daddy. He came out sounding like he was pretty good size. However taking a look at his legs and LONG torso... this little guy is skinny!!! Hope to have grabbed those genes of Uncle Jeremy. Although I am not sure what my family would do with anyone over 6'3". He will not fit in there if he does turn out as tall as Jeremy. We will going back in tomorrow to make sure he has gained more over this past week. We hope to see some good gain before the Holiday season. I will be none to please if I am instructed to wake him up to eat. This is not in my play book.

Ella and I are fighting some head yuckies this week. Between the two of us we have gone through about a box of Puffs Plus in the past 3 days. I am very happy that she does know how to blow when I ask. Other than her nose she seems in pretty good humor though. My head on the other hand could use about 2 days of sleep to fight this off though. Blah.

Jason has been keeping busy with work and year end stuff. Harvest has pretty well halted up here. I think they will continue to combine the 'corn' and 'beans' after the new year. I quote because there is really no reason corn and beans should be planted here. Conditions are certainly not of those we are used to in IL & IA.  We can't believe we are coming up on our 1 year anniversary in ND. We were recalling that we came up to house hunt on December 26th last year. Wow. What a year this has been! Jason loves his job and totally enjoys the difference in agriculture. I am positive he is chalking this one up to a very successful move for him. I just wish ND was located a little closer to IL.

We are prepped and ready for Santa to arrive. We are excited to wake up here at home for Christmas Morning. Ella is just itching to dig under the tree. She has ripped one present... Jason's. (He, thankfully, didn't see anything under the paper.) After both Jason and I scared the dickens out of her, I don't think she will be doing that again.

We are thankful for all of the well wishes sent our way this past month. We hope all out there have a fantastic holiday. Safe travels to everyone!!

Merry Christmas from the North Dakota Breuers!

No comments: