Kamille and I are very thankfull that our house is high and dry and over 6 miles from the Red River. The Red has crested in Fargo and should crest here in Grand Forks by Tuesday or maybe Wednesday. I went down yesterday and helped sandbag. I learned a couple of things, one I am not as young as I once was. Most of the volunteers were high school and college kids, the schools let out for anyone who helped sandbag. My 30 year old body was attempting to throw sand bags with H.S. hockey players and the UND defensive line....yeah, I am pretty much laying on the floor and playing with Ella today!....Number two the people close to the river need our prayers. In the area I was, the homes were probably built in the mid 70's. They survived the flood of '97 and the city dike system that was built does not protect this certain area, so they are making sandbag leeves to protect every house to 54'. The river is supposed to crest at 54' in GF and the city dike system protects up to 60'. So, (fingers crossed) most of the city should be fine..
Here are a couple pictures.....My girls hanging out today....

This is from the blizzard pictures you saw a couple of weeks ago, snow like this in March....no worries, we have a X534 with a 47" front mount snowblower for next year! More pictures to come, it should be here sometime this week....

My biggest fan when I am out blowing snow.....She LOVES to watch by the window....

My little helper in the kitchen!.......

This morning we woke up to a BEAUTIFUL sunrise....Our view at the kitchen table when Kamille and I are enjoying our cup of coffee! (much better than the Barking dog in KC)

Hope you all enjoyed....Love you bye, Jason
2 comments:
Stay safe.
Andy
Good work, Jason, for putting up the good fight! You and Kamille have had to tough out some trying times since arriving...the bitter cold, flooding and March snowstorms! Hopefully not April snowstorms!
Post a Comment